- Course rating: Average 8.93/10
- Duration: 1 day
- Number of people: Up to 12
Our content is based on the psychology of decision-making – our 3 step framework shows you how to best use your brain to make great decisions.
In the lead up to the day we ask participants to bring 1-2 real decisions with them. In the training course we typically address and make progress on 5-10 real decisions. That way we create immediate value, as well as long-term learning.
The flow of the 1-day decision-making training course is as follows:
- Introduction to the psychology of decision-making. A fascinating tour of the psychological traps and opportunities to best think about crucial decisions.
- Decision Styles Questionnaire. Gain awareness of the strengths, weaknesses and blind spots of you and your team. This enables participants to relate the day to their specific needs.
- Realizer’s 3 step decision framework. We go through the 3 key steps to making a good decision: Open (define the problem, criteria for success and options); Filter (minimise your biases as you judge the options); and Close (make the decision, plan the knock on consequences and communicate to affected parties).
- The 3 steps in action. Taking real, live business issues we apply the framework and proven tools to discover new ways of looking at the issues – on your own and with your team – making sure we cover all our bases to make a confident, effective and aligned decision.
- Action plans. We end by using behavioural change models to design your plan for implementing better decision-making tools back in your job.
The training course is relevant to all levels. The benefits will be seen most quickly by those who make high impact decisions already, such as leaders and managers.